Nando’s Celebrates 20 Years of PERi-PERi Perfection !
• PERi-PERi chillies are unique to Nando’s
• It takes 42,000 chillies to fill one 14kg bag and 25,000 bags are filled every year – that’s over a billion chillies!
• Each chilli plant produces about 300 chillies which are hand-picked and plucked one at a time
• They are also hand-sorted and naturally dried in the African sun
• PERi-PERi chillies contain capsaicin that delivers a ‘feel-good’ effect – your pupils will dilate and your metabolic rate will increase as you feel the rush of endorphins
• PERi-PERi is also rich in Vitamins A, B and C
The story of Nando’s began in a small Johannesburg suburb in South Africa in 1987, with all the passion for Portuguese-inspired flame-grilled PERi-PERi chicken. In 1998, Nando’s opened its first restaurant in Kuala Lumpur and has been grilling Malaysian’s taste buds ever since. Now Malaysia is home to 73 Nando’s restaurants across various states, best known for its legendary and delicious flame-grilled PERi-PERi chicken. At Nando’s, we surround our customers with warmth, hospitality and fun, whilst offering them a meal to remember.
Served in their signature heat levels- Lemon & Herb, Mango & Lime, Mild, Hot & Extra Hot - on, or off the bone, in a wrap, burger or pitta, and served with a delicious selection of sides, salads, appetisers and sharing platters, Nando’s offers great variety, and mouth-watering recipes to please all food palettes. You’ll find yourself spoilt for choice!
Issued by Nando’s Chickenland Malaysia Sdn Bhd through Continuum PR Sdn Bhd. For media enquiries, please contact Jeremy (firstname.lastname@example.org / 012.639.1779) or Michelle Bridget (email@example.com / 012.697.7356)