Taiping Lake Gardens
Taiping Lake Gardens is the first public garden established during the British rule in Malaysia. The garden is located near Bukit Larut, and is equidistant to the town centre and the Taiping Zoo .
The 64 hectares (160 acres) site was the first public garden in Malaya , There are ten scenic lakes and ponds, which highlight the gardens. Along Residency Road, near the gardens, were golden rain trees planted along the pathway .
The streets are shaded by rows of the angsena tree, which at irregular intervals bursts forth into a riot of blossoms, even more yellow than those of the laburnum . The gardens were so striking that they attracted many travelers to write of their beauty .
The streets are shaded by rows of the angsena tree , which at bursts forth into a blossoms, even more yellow than those of the laburnum . One cannot claim to have visited Taiping without taking some time in the natural beauty of the Taiping Lake Gardens. Built on top of an abandoned tin mine, the gardens were opened in 1880 .